Gold House is the premier nonprofit collective of Asian founders, creative voices, and leaders dedicated to unifying the world’s largest populace–Asians and Pacific Islanders–to fight for authentic multicultural representation and societal equity. Our ventures include membership systems and benefits to fortify relationships among Asians and with other marginalized communities (#StopAsianHate, All of Us Movement); championing authentic Asian representation through media to reshape public opinion (Gold Open, Gold Records, A100 List); and accelerating economic success and commercial representation through Asian founders (Gold Rush, Founder Network, Angel Network). To learn more, visit www.goldhouse.org or follow @GoldHouseCo on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Gold Rush is an accelerator for the most promising Asian-led companies to achieve partnerships, mentorship, and community. Twice a year, cohorts of Asian founders are chosen to participate in a 12-week program encompassing 1:1 mentorship from a slate of industry leaders and investors, a growth-focused curriculum taught by world-renowned advisors, and a complimentary professional PR and marketing package. The accelerator is a venture of Gold House.
The Gold House Founder Network unites a broader swathe of top Asian entrepreneurs, including Gold Rush Alumni. Through exclusive networking salons, curated educational content, and a custom founder matching system, we enable founders to collaborate with each other and Gold House’s cultural leadership base to accelerate their businesses.
Venture Scouts are responsible for sourcing founders to apply for Gold Rush and the Founder Network. Venture Scouts leverage their personal and professional networks to find leads, pitch Founders on the benefits of each program, and encourage them to apply.
Venture Scout Responsibilities
- Gold Rush: For each Gold Rush cycle, Venture Scouts are responsible for sourcing 20-30 high quality leads for founders that align with the Gold Rush profile. Cycles occur 2x a year, with application periods leading up to Spring and Fall cohorts that are onboarded in March and September.
- Founder Network: In addition to sourcing Gold Rush applicants, Venture Scouts are responsible for sourcing 20-30 high quality leads every quarter that there’s no current Rush class for founders that fit the Founder Network profile. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis but require referral from an existing member, Venture Scout, or Gold House staff.
- Venture Scouts should engage in targeted outreach, including:
- Social media posts and direct messages to their networks throughout the application process
- Individual 1:1 outreach to a high volume of brands and/or founders to personally encourage applications to Gold Rush and the Founder Network
- You are able to commit to a one-year engagement with this role.
- You have a minimum of 3-4 years of full-time professional work experience.
- You have a robust network from which to source Asian Founders, e.g., as an investor, industry expert, member of cultural affinity groups.
- You are self-starting and entrepreneurial; resilient and creative; highly detail-oriented; and consistent in high-quality execution.
- You have a strong commitment to diversity and representation in the startup community.
Gold Rush Venture Scouts are volunteers who represent the most promising up-and-coming Asians in their respective fields. As an investment in our community’s future, Venture Scouts are given intimate access to the Gold House Collective network and its ventures, specifically through:
- You’ll be invited to VIP experiences (e.g., Gold Rush and Founder Network events)
- You’ll have access to the Gold Rush Founder Network Portal and Slack community
- You’ll have access to Gold House network benefits (e.g., VIP discount codes for Gold Rush Friends & Family Pre-Sale)