1. Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, shipping address, phone number).
- Personal identifiers (such as account login information, photos and signature).
- General location information (such as city/state and/or zip code).
- Donation or commercial payment information (such as credit card information, financial institution, bank account or routing number(s), when you donate or purchase products).
- Education information (such as degrees and schooling information, college or school attended).
- Employment information (such as occupation, title, education, work history).
- Demographic information (such as age, gender, birthdate).
- Personal characteristics (such as veteran status, disability status, marital status, familial information).
- Audio, electronic, visual, sensory or similar information (such as images, video, or voice audio of an individual).
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as IP address, cookies, device and browser type, and information relating to interactions with our Services).
- Sensitive Personal Information with your consent (such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religious affiliation, sexual orientation).
2. How We Collect Information
We may collect the above categories or Personal Information from you from the following sources:
- Directly from you and others through interactions with and use of our Services (e.g., when you interact with us at an event or complete any forms or submissions).
- Through automated technologies and online browser tools (including through cookies).
- From social media and other content platforms, including when you message us, or access or interact with our Services or pages through a social media platform.
- From third parties and business partners in connection with the Services we perform (e.g., providers of human capital management tools and analytics and security).
- From government sources and records and other publicly available Personal Information listed under Information We Collect
3. How We Use Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect when we have a legal basis to do so and for the purposes below:
We process Personal Information for the management of our relationship on the basis of the contract between you and us in order to:
- provide you with our Services and communicate with you;
- process your donations and commercial payments;
- fulfill requests, respond to inquiries, and perform our responsibilities and provide Services;
If you choose to submit a membership form to Gold House, you have the option to provide us with additional information, including Sensitive Personal Information, to process for the purpose specified in the membership form (which you may opt-out of at any time). We rely on your explicit consent where required to process your Sensitive Personal Information, for purposes such as the creation of programming, events, recognitions, and award lists such as the A100 list, to suggest members to production companies for entertainment projects (regarding members’ race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religious affiliation, sexual orientation), for curating groups of individuals for events and programs to bring members together through shared experiences (regarding members’ race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religious affiliation, sexual orientation).
In addition, we process your Personal Information based on our legitimate interests which consist of:
- protecting the security and integrity of our Services, and for our protection of Gold House, our users, and others;
- sending Administrative Communications. We may use Personal Information to send important information regarding our Services, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- sending you marketing communications regarding our products and Services similar to the ones for which you are already a customer;
- migrating your environment, including your Personal Information, to another legal entity if we change our distributing partner;
- our internal business purposes, such as market research, data analysis, compiling statistics, developing new offerings, and improving our Services.
- recruiting, hiring, performance, talent management, advocacy, and creating programming and award lists such as the A100 list.
If you wish to obtain further details regarding our legitimate interests, please contact us using the contact details set out in the Contact Us section below.
4. With Whom We Disclose your Personal Information
Gold House does not sell your Personal Information or share your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may disclose your Personal Information with the following entities for purposes outlined above:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with third-party service providers that we hire to assist with running our everyday business, including, payment processing, customer service, IT and cloud services, data analysis, and other similar services. We grant our service providers access to Personal Information only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions.
- Business Transfers or Assignments. We may transfer any and all Personal Information in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
5. Personal Information Retention Period
With respect to the processing carried out in order to protect or defend your rights, property or security or ours, we will keep your Personal Information for the time of the relevant dispute or statutory limitation period.
Upon expiry of the applicable Personal Information retention period, we will erase or anonymize the relevant Personal Information.
We implement appropriate reasonable technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, in particular from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. While it is our practice to take reasonable steps to secure information we process, the confidentiality of information transmitted over the internet can never be guaranteed. We encourage you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information and notify us if you believe that information with us is not secure.
Gold House is not responsible for the privacy practices of any entity that it does not own or control and your use of all such links to third-party websites is at your own risk. To the extent Gold House provides links to or references any third parties or third-party websites, it is only as convenience and does not endorse, adopt, sponsor or affiliate with such a third party or its privacy practices.
You must be at least 18 years old to use our Website (or the age of majority in the country where you are located). We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any Personal Information from children. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the country where you are located), do not provide Personal Information to us and do not use the Website.
8. Your Rights
Depending on your jurisdiction, applicable law may entitle you to certain rights and choices as it pertains to your Personal Information, including:
- Access to your Personal Information;
- Deletion of any of your Personal Information;
- Correction of inaccurate Personal Information;
- Restriction of processing of your Personal Information;
- Receive your Personal Information in an interoperable format (data portability);
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information on grounds relating to your particular situation.
We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identity or an exemption applies. Gold House will not restrict or deny you access to our Services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your Personal Information.
In addition to the rights listed above, when the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”) applies, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device when you browse our Website.
When you access our Website or Services, information may be collected automatically by cookies and other similar technologies, and we may use analytics providers (such as HubSpot) to generate statistics and improve our Services. You can manage or disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings.
Some cookies are strictly necessary for our Website to function. If these cookies are blocked, certain aspects of the Site may not work.
Subject to your consent, other cookies permit us to monitor the Website traffic so we can improve performance of the Website.
10. Transfers of your Personal Information
Please refer to this section if the GDPR or the UK GDPR applies to you.