Gold House is the premier nonprofit collective of Asian founders, creative voices, and leaders dedicated to unifying the world’s largest populace–Asians and Pacific Islanders–to fight for authentic multicultural representation and societal equity. Our ventures include membership systems and benefits to fortify relationships among Asians and with other marginalized communities (#StopAsianHate, All of Us Movement); championing authentic Asian representation through media to reshape public opinion (Gold Open, Gold Records, A100 List); and accelerating economic success and commercial representation through Asian founders (Gold Rush, Founder Network, Angel Network). To learn more, visit www.goldhouse.org or follow @GoldHouseCo on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
To promote cultural change, Gold House has partnered with every major studio and platform, hundreds of API creators (e.g., writers, directors, producers, actors, and executives), and hundreds of other non-profits and community organizations to ensure the authenticity and success of API stories. Gold House provides cultural consultation, creates definitive resource guides, uplifts API creators into mainstream culture, and mobilizes nationwide grassroots campaigns.
As a Consulting & Research Manager, you’ll be responsible for overseeing, developing, and executing all initiatives related to Gold House’s cultural consultation and research work. Specifically, you’ll work directly with Gold House’s Media & Entertainment executives to lead operational, research, and writing support for Gold House’s Cultural Change work, including consulting with studios, networks, and creators; spearheading Gold Storybook and its future iterations; and project managing all research projects with the team of external partners and researchers (e.g., top consulting firms, media companies, and community partners). The role combines the project management chops of a leading tech company product manager with the problem-solving and communications skills of a top strategy/management consultant.
- Project manage, develop, and grow Gold House’s consulting and research work to advance API representation across all cultural industries. This includes working with key partners such as entertainment, gaming, and media companies; creators; community organizations; and Gold House’s broader network.
- Lead, develop, and grow consulting and research projects with external partners, including advising on scripts and related materials (e.g., trailers, early cuts, character designs), developing additional guides and resources for Gold Storybook, and driving other projects essential to advancing API representation.
- Serve as lead writer on consultation feedback and research guides/presentations, and work with Gold House’s Marketing team to promote external research campaigns.
- Project manage development of industry-leading database of experts on API-related issues, and serve as an internal resource of key API issues for other internal teams.
- Provide thought leadership on Gold House’s Media & Entertainment team, including by consulting on API-led films and series, managing research workstreams with studio partners, and developing other strategic initiatives around API representation.
A Bit About You
- You have 5+ years of experience in a consulting and/or research role (entertainment or diversity and inclusion work preferred, but not required).
- You operate under pressure in a composed manner and are enthusiastic about managing multiple projects at once in a fast-paced rapid-evolving environment.
- You are an excellent writer, can manage and digest research and data, have extremely high attention to detail, and care deeply about ensuring projects are delivered completely and on time — you set expectations and never abandon them and are comfortable holding others to this too.
- You communicate like a pro and get energy from bringing people together to execute efficiently and effectively. You enjoy putting structure around processes to make them scalable.
- You have a “no job is too small” attitude and are excited to roll up your sleeves and solve all types of problems.
- And last but not least, you are passionate about Gold House’s purpose and share our mission of uplifting the API community.
- Competitive nonprofit salary
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Access to and participation in every Gold House venture and experience including Salons, Gold Open VIP film Premieres, Gold Rush Soirees, Gold Gala, and more.
- Opportunity to define the trajectory of a mission-oriented, fast-growing, mainstream-impactful organization