Gold House is the premier nonprofit collective of Asian founders, creative voices, and leaders dedicated to unifying the world’s largest populace–Asians and Pacific Islanders–to fight for authentic multicultural representation and societal equity. Our ventures include membership systems and benefits to fortify relationships among Asians and with other marginalized communities (#StopAsianHate, All of Us Movement); championing authentic Asian representation through media to reshape public opinion (Gold Open, Gold Records, A100 List); and accelerating economic success and commercial representation through Asian founders (Gold Rush, Founder Network, Angel Network). To learn more, visit www.goldhouse.org or follow @GoldHouseCo on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
As the Event Coordinator, you will play a vital role in growing Gold House’s event portfolio across programs and initiatives. Reporting into the Head of Events, you will be responsible for supporting the team to deliver virtual and in-person events. From venue scouting to day-of execution, and everything in between, the event coordinator will have the opportunity to run alongside the Head of Events in delivering impactful events to the Asian and Pacific Islander community and beyond. You will also be executing your own turnkey events such as Salons and Gold Opens, which will be crucial in building the Gold House Community. The role will include general administration, research and event financial duties.
- Manage event databases and own event research projects
- Assist teams in managing invites, event emails, and guest lists
- Create event RSVP forms and manage dedicated event mailbox
- Liaise with relevant vendors and partners in coordinating event logistics
- Attend on-site events to manage guest relations and assist the Head of Events with the general event coordination
- Schedule and manage site visits and meetings related to events
- Assist in creating event sponsorship pitches and event recap decks; track and report out onevent related metrics
- Support the Head of Events in submitting invoices as well as assisting in reconciling all event budgets
- Execute turnkey events (e.g. Salons, Gold Opens) under guidance of the Head of Events and other senior team members; where appropriate, suggest improvements to event playbook to improve guest experience
- Must reside in Los Angeles area
- 1-2 years of event experience
- Proactive, organized, and able to thrive in fast-paced environments
- High level of attention to detail in managing budgets, project plans, guest lists, and other event-related documents
- Fluency in Keynote and Google Suite
- Fluency in Adobe Suite and/or Figma preferred
- Passionate about Gold House’s mission of uplifting the Asian and Pacific Islander community and excited to evangelize Gold House’s brand to the wider public
- Competitive nonprofit salary
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Access to and participation in every Gold House venture and experience including Salons, Gold Open VIP film Premieres, Gold Rush Soirees, Gold Gala, and more.
- Opportunity to define the trajectory of a mission-oriented, fast-growing, mainstream-impactful organization